- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked) (you will have leftovers!)
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 ripe Avocados from Mexico
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
drizzle of sriracha (optional)
- 6 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 shakes of hot sauce
- Credit: Erin Ireland
- Cook your brown rice according to package instructions.
- Oil up a springform pan and place a circular parchment cut out on the base for easy removal. For extra easy removal, cut two long strips of parchment and lay these in the base of your pan with the sides sticking out the top like little pull tabs.
- Once your rice has cooked, transfer to a non-metal bowl and let cool. Using a non-metal spoon (ideally wood) stir in the rice wine vinegar for seasoning.
- Now, time to layer your cake. Using a spoon, your hands, or an ice cream scoop add your first layer of rice to the base of your springform pan. Press down firmly (but not too firmly). Wet your fingers in between pressing to prevent rice from sticking to your hands.
- Next up, add a avocado layer. Simply slice the avocado from top to bottom, then fan the pieces over the rice. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a drizzle of sriracha here, if you like.
- Add a second layer of rice and then keep going with the layers, or finish here and top with a beautiful fan of avocado layers. Garnish with sesame seeds and sriracha.
- For the dipping sauce (my favourite), simply combine all three ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.