- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ripe Avocados from Mexico
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (plus a several leaves for garnish)
- ½ jalapeno pepper, minced (include the seeds for more heat, leave them out for less)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the cooked yolks and reserve.
- Dice the avocados and mash them with a fork. Break up two to three of the cooked egg yolks with your fingers and add them to the mashed avocado. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt, and stir in the lemon zest and sour cream. Stir in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño chile pepper, and chives.
- Carefully fill the hard boiled egg whites with the avocado mixture. Top with a small sprig of fresh cilantro or some chopped chives.