Contest rules and regulations
“What’s in Your Lunch?” Contest
1.1 To be eligible for this contest (the “Contest”): The contest (the “Contest”) is open to all legal residents of a Canadian province or territory who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of their participation in the Contest.
1.2 For the purposes of these rules, the Entrant is the person whose email is indicated on the entry form or the person whose name was indicated on the entry letter to the Organizer.
1.3 Only one email address can be used to enter the Contest, regardless of how many email addresses the Entrant possesses. If a person is registered more than once, he or she will be automatically disqualified and all of the entry ballots received from this person will be declared inadmissible.
1.4 The following are excluded:
- Any employees, agents and representatives of Sopexa Canada, including its affiliates, partners and related companies (collectively referred to as the “Sponsor”);
- Any employees of the marketing and promotional agencies used by the Sponsor;
- Any employees of the suppliers providing the prizes, materials and services or any other party directly related to this Contest;
- Any immediate family members of any individuals to whom the abovementioned list applies or any persons residing with them. For the purposes of this document, “immediate family” means husband, wife, legal or common-law spouse, father, mother, brother, sister, child, legal spouse or any other person with whom these employees, agents and representatives reside.
2. Contest Period
2.1 The Contest starts January 16, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest End Date”). The period between the Contest Start Date and the Contest End Date is that of the Contest (the “Contest Period”).
2.2 The Entry period to submit a recipe for the Contest and have a chance to be one of 12 Finalists starts January 16, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends February 9, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (the “End Date for Recipe Submissions to the Contest”).
2.3 The period in which three (3) Winners are selected from among the 12 Contest Finalists by the community through a vote on Facebook starts February 18, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (the “Vote Start Date”) and ends February 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Vote End Date”).
3. Entry Terms and Conditions
3.1 There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. The Contest occurs in three (3) distinct steps that will take place on precise dates during the Contest Period:
Step 1 – Selecting the Finalists
A minimum of 9 and a maximum of 12 Finalists will be selected, from among the recipes submitted, by the Contest Sponsor at the end of the Entry period.
Step 2 – Contacting the Finalists
The Finalists selected will be contacted by the Contest Administrator in order to obtain a list of ingredients for the recipe submitted, the method of preparation and a photo.
Step 3 – Selecting the Winners
Three Winners, from among the 12 Finalists, will be selected by the Facebook community through a vote on the recipes on the Avocados From Mexico Facebook page.
3.2 To enter the Contest, simply fill in the electronic entry form (defined below) or send a letter (defined below) to the Administrator during the Duration of the Contest.
3.3 In the case of submitting an entry with the electronic form: the Entrant must go to the Avocados From Mexico website (myavolunch.ca), fill in the form to propose a healthy and original recipe for a lunch meal that includes avocado, and submit it. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that you have read the official Contest rules and agree to comply with them.
3.4 The Entrant can also enter the Contest by mail by sending a written letter (the “Letter”) to the following address: “What’s in Your Lunch?” Contest, to the attention of Prospek (the “Administrator”), 417 Saint-Nicolas Street, suite 300, Montréal (Quebec), H2Y 2P4. The Entrant’s Letter must include: the name of the healthy and original lunch recipe including avocado and a description of the ingredients in at least fifty (50) words. The letter must also include the Entrant’s first and last name, email address and province of residence. The Entrant must send the Letter by prepaid regular mail. The Letter must be delivered to the Administrator before February 9, 2019, 11:59 p.m., to be admissible.
3.5 Limits: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person registered online and one (1) Entry registered by mail participation.
4. Evaluation of Submissions
4.1 At the end of the Contest Entry Period, the Contest Sponsor will select 12 Finalists based on the following criteria: avocados are central to the recipe, the ingredients proposed are healthy and fresh, and the recipe is original. The winners will be notified by email. Only the winners will be notified.
5.1 Three (3) grand prizes (the “Grand Prizes”) will be awarded as part of the Contest, consisting of three (3) gift certificates for grocery products, for a total value of Can$1000 each, for a total of Can$3000. The Grand Prizes will be presented in the form of a gift certificate redeemable in the community in which the Winner resides. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash.
5.2 The gift certificates can only be used in the stores indicated on the certificate. Under no circumstances can any of the prizes be exchanged for cash or transferred, assigned or substituted. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Grand Prize.
6. Selecting the Winners
6.1 Grand Prize Winners
- On February 14, 2019 at 2:00 p.m., in the offices of the Administrator at 417 Saint-Nicolas Street, suite 300, Montréal (Quebec), H2Y 2P4, three (3) Winners will be announced based on the result of the vote conducted on the Avocados From Mexico Facebook page from among the 12 recipes. The three (3) recipes that receive the most votes will be deemed the winners. If the vote identifies more than three winning recipes, a draw will be conducted between the recipes that received an identical or similar number of votes.
- The chances of winning depend on the number of votes earned during the Contest Selection period.
- The Entrant selected will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to contact the Contest Administrator to accept his or her prize.
- If the Entrant does not contact the Administrator within the timeframe indicated above, the Prize will be considered as having been abandoned. The Administrator can, at their sole and complete discretion, select another Finalist from among the recipes that received the most votes, in accordance with the procedure outlined in paragraph 6.1.a, regarding the Grand Prize, or cancel the awarding of the Prize.
6.2 Conditions to Be Declared Winner
- In order to be declared the winner of the Grand Prize (the “Winner”), the Finalist selected must complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form by which he or she acknowledges and confirms his or her respect for the Contest rules and the absence of liability of the Sponsor or its representatives or any other organization involved in awarding the Prizes or in the Contest and their respective employees for any injury, loss or misfortune or any accident related to the Contest, the Prize or the awarding of the Prize. The Entrant must also correctly answer, without help, a mathematical skill-testing question that appears on the Declaration and Release Form.
- If the Finalist selected does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, the Sponsor can, at its sole and complete discretion, select another Finalist from among all of the remaining valid entries, in accordance with the procedure set out in paragraph 6.1, regarding the Grand Prize, or cancel the awarding of the Prize.
- The Sponsor must receive the Declaration and Release Form completed and signed by the Winner of a Prize before the date indicated on the Declaration and Release Form. Otherwise, the Prize will be considered as having been abandoned.
- The Finalist selected must present a piece of valid photo identification to claim the prize.
7. General Conditions
7.1 The Grand Prize must be accepted as presented. It is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No Prize substitutions are permitted. The Sponsor may replace the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the Prize that is not accepted by the Winner is cancelled. The Sponsor cannot be held responsible if an event leads to the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors that are reasonably beyond its control prevent the culmination of the Contest or any part of the Contest. The Sponsor does not provide any express or implied guarantee of any kind regarding the security, appearance or performance of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the Winner acknowledges that the only guarantees applicable to any aspect of the Prize, as the case may be, are the guarantees provided by the supplier of the Prize to the Sponsor that are transferable and/or the manufacturer warranty. Under no circumstances whatsoever can the Winner have recourse against the Sponsor regarding any aspect of the Prize or the Contest.
7.2 Any attempt to tamper with the website, the Sponsor’s Facebook Pages, any other website related to the Contest or the legitimate proceedings of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In such circumstances, the Sponsor has the right to claim damages to the extent permitted by the law, including pursuing criminal proceedings.
7.3 No correspondence related to the Contest will take place, except with the Finalist(s) selected.
7.4 All entry photos are the property of the Sponsor.
7.5 This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, nor is it associated with it. All Entrants acknowledge that, by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. All Entrants in the Contest release Facebook of all liability. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be addressed to the Contest Sponsor and not to Facebook.
8. Claiming the Prize
8.1 The Prizes will be sent by mail to the Winners within two (2) weeks following the receipt of proof of eligibility to the postal address provided.
9. Release/Privacy/Use of Information Provided by the Entrant
9.1 By participating in this Contest, the Entrant accepts that the Sponsor use the personal information that he or she provided to it for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding the Prizes, and he or she acknowledges that the personal information provided will only be disclosed to third parties in the manner set out in these rules.
9.2 By accepting the Prize, the Winner gives the Sponsor permission to use his or her name, address, photo, image, voice and personal information related to the Prize for promotional purposes without other compensation, unless the law prohibits such a practice.
10. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property and all promotional material, including all recipes submitted during participation in the Contest, are the property of the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. The unauthorized copy or use of material protected by copyright or trademark without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
This constitutes the official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. This contest is void in locations where it is prohibited. Subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Contest rules can be modified without prior notice, notably in order to comply with federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations or the policy of any entity that has the jurisdiction to regulate the Sponsor.
12. Quebec Residents
Any dispute regarding the conduct or organization of this Contest can be submitted to the Régie in order for it to rule on it. Any dispute regarding the attribution of a Prize can be submitted to the Régie in order to allow the parties to reach a resolution.
13. Displaying the Name of the Winner
In the thirty (30) days following the Draw, the Sponsor will share the name of the Grand Prize Winner on the Contest Facebook Page. This information will remain on the Contest Facebook Page for a period of at least thirty (30) days.