1. They are a nutrient-dense fruit that contain beneficial nutrients, minerals, and plant compounds to enhance the nutrient quality of your diet.
2. They can fit into a variety of healthy eating plans.
3. They act as a “nutrient booster” to help the body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients from foods eaten with them.
4. One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs.
5. Their creamy consistency makes them one of the first fresh foods a baby can enjoy, and they go great with other mashed fruits and veggies.