Last update on July 7th, 2020
This policy (the “Policy”) aims to inform you about how APEAM AC, an association of Mexican avocado producers and exporters governed by the laws of Mexico and having its registered office at Avenida Tlaxcala # 1675 Colonia Los Angeles, Uruapan, Michoacan CP 60160 Mexico (the “Company” or “we”) Collects, uses and communicates your personal information in the context of the operation of the website, accessible at https://avocadosfrommexico.ca/ (the “Site”).
By accessing and using the Site, you consent to the collection, use and communication of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not accept these terms, you must cease and refrain from using the Site.
1. YOUR CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company collects, uses or discloses personal information with the consent of the persons concerned, except in cases authorized or required by law.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to applicable legal restrictions, if any, and reasonable notice. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that consent cannot be withdrawn where it would prevent the performance of a legal obligation.
2. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may collect information, including personal information, for a variety of purposes, including:
- In order to respond to questions, comments and other requests for information from customers or users of the Site;
- For administrative or marketing purposes, such as sending newsletters, advertisements and other publications or correspondence, in accordance with applicable commercial electronic message legislation;
- To manage our contests and promotions, to the extent permitted by applicable laws;
- For statistical purposes to allow us to better understand our customers, their habits and preferences and to improve the Site accordingly;
- For the purpose of managing the Site and diagnosing problems with the Site, if any;
- In order to comply with its legal obligations.
The Company uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise permitted by law.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The quantity and type of information collected is limited to what is necessary for the purposes identified and indicated or clearly implicit at the time of collection.
For example, if you communicate with us through the Site, or if you subscribe to our newsletter, then we only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. This may include your name and contact information (email address and mailing address) and any other information included in the forms provided for that purpose, if applicable.
4. COOKIES AND INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
The Site does not place any permanent cookies (“cookie”) on the hard drives of visitors’ computers, only a temporary cookie required to improve the performance of certain features of the Site.
In addition, your computer and the Site’s server automatically exchange certain information when you access the Site. This is necessary for the server to transmit a file that is compatible with the device you are using. Information exchanged may include the following:
- the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- your IP address (the unique number assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet);
- the type of browser (Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.) you use to access the site;
- the date and time of access to the site;
- the pages you visit;
- the address of the referring site, if you access the Site from another site.
This information is kept and used by the Company for technical and statistical purposes, in particular to count the number of visits, the most frequently visited pages, the technology used by visitors, the referring sites and the geographical origin of visits.
You can configure your browser to prevent cookies from being saved. Most browsers provide instructions for rejecting them in the “Help” section of the toolbar. Please note, however, that if you refuse our cookies, certain elements of the Site may not function properly.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company does not disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law, and limits disclosure and access to personal information to only those individuals who need it for the purposes for which it was collected.
Within the Company, access to personal information is limited to those employees who need the information to perform their duties. In addition, the Company will only disclose personal information to third parties for the purposes identified or implied in this Policy or at the time of collection, with your express consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In particular, the Company may share personal information with trusted partners or suppliers acting as subcontractors for the following purposes:
- With our subsidiaries or affiliates for the purposes set forth herein.
- With service providers that we engage to provide services on our behalf, including hosting or operating the Site, sending and managing email, analyzing data and customer needs with a view to improving our products, services or the Site, or creating new ones.
- In the context of a commercial transaction, if necessary for the decision to proceed with the transaction and in accordance with the applicable legal requirements.
- To accomplish any purpose identified in this Policy and any other purpose that the Company will identify, no later than when the information is collected.
The Company will ensure that all third parties with whom it does business and to whom it provides personal or confidential information also guarantee, in a manner at least equivalent to the Company, the confidentiality, security and integrity of the information they hold on behalf of the Company.
Please also note that the personal information collected by the Company may be transmitted through servers outside Canada and may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of Canada. This information may also be processed by persons outside of Canada who work for the Company, its partners or suppliers. When the processing of personal information takes place in another country, the information may be made available to the government of that country or its agencies pursuant to a lawful order made in that country.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company undertakes to apply physical, technological and administrative security measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal information for which the Company is responsible, in order to protect it against loss or theft and any unauthorized consultation, copying, use or modification.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is infallible. The Company cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted or stored through the Site and therefore cannot guarantee that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data will not be compromised.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company retains the personal information for the period necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected, to comply with the law or to protect its rights. Thereafter, this information is anonymized or safely destroyed.
8. ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND UPDATING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company makes reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information is as accurate and complete as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. The Company will respond to any written request within 30 days. The Company may refuse such an application in prescribed circumstances, in which case it will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Company reserves the right to modify this Policy. If so, changes made will be posted on the Site. Your continued use of the Site thereafter constitutes a confirmation of your consent to the Policy as modified. If you disagree with any changes made to the Policy, you must immediately stop accessing or using the Site.
11. OUR ORDERS
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or our privacy practices, or if you wish to exercise your rights regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.