Make your barbecues something special by adding a touch of flair to your list of ingredients. We’re talking about avocados of course! Did you know that this superfood is just as delicious when grilled? Consult our tips to learn how to grill your avocados, and surprise your friends next time you throw a yard party!
Preparation is a breeze and takes just a few minutes.
- Light your BBQ and bring it to medium heat.
- Apply a light non-stick coating to the grill (vegetable oil, for example) to prevent the avocados from sticking.
- Cut the avocados in half length-wise, and remove the pits.
- Lightly coat the halves with olive oil and place them flesh-side down on the grill.
Note: For easier handling, do not remove the skin.
- Grill the avocado halves for 3 to 5 minutes, applying gentle pressure from time to time. Check them often to ensure they’re not burning.
- Once you notice grill marks on the avocados, set them aside and let them cool.
Serving grilled avocados
Now that you’ve grilled your avocados, there are countless ways to enjoy them! One example is to serve them as a side dish in place of potatoes. Not only are they more nutritious, they’ll also add a touch of colour to the plate.
Change things up a little this summer with these grilled avocado recipe suggestions that are a treat for the taste buds:
On your marks, get set, grill!
Discover other delicious hosting avo-recipes here!