- 4 ripe Avocados from Mexico
- 1 pizza crust / dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked olive oil (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 heaping teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic reduction
- Hemp hearts
- Credit: Erin Ireland
- Place your pizza crust or rolled-out dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Preheat oven to the temperature denoted on your pizza crust/dough packaging.
- In a small container, combine olive oils, garlic, nutritional yeast and salt & pepper. Shake well. With your hands or a brush, lather your dough/crust with the oily spread. Bake until golden (or see pizza crust/dough package instructions).
- When your crust is done baking, remove from oven to let cool. Time to prepare your ripe avocados. Slice them vertically and remove the pit. Make lengthwise incisions about 5mm apart (see image above). Use a spoon to remove sliced avocado halves. Keep them whole, and with your hands, gently fan the slices out and add them to the flatbread. Continue this step until your flatbread is covered.
- Garnish your creation with a thick generous drizzle of balsamic reduction, a sprinkle of hemp hearts and some sea salt. Slice up into thin 'pizza slices' or squares and serve.