Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Skewers with vinaigrette
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 chile de rbol optional
- 1 avocado ripe, halved, pitted, meat scooped out, and each halve cut into thirds, then each third sliced horizontally into 5 or 6 pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini size), sliced into 3 pieces
- 16 bamboo skewers 6-inches long
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small glass jar, or Mason jar, pour the vinegar and the oils, sprinkle in the salt.
- If using the chile de rbol, place a small skillet over medium heat, once it is hot, toast the chile for 30 seconds per side, until toasted but not burnt.
- Place the whole chile in the jar.
- Close the lid of the jar and shake it vigorously.
- Leave in the refrigerator, if it wont be used within the hour. It may be kept there for a couple weeks.
- Shake well before using.
- To assemble the skewers: insert the top of a mozzarella ball, followed by a slice of avocado, half of a tomato, an avocado slice, the other tomato half (upside down if they can!), followed by another slice of avocado, and a slice of mozzarella ball.
- Repeat with all skewers, and place all the completed skewers on a platter.
- To serve: Shake the vinaigrette and pour into a bowl. Serve along with the assembled skewers for everyone to dip as they please.