Chocolate Avocado Truffles
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ cocoa powder + 2 tbsp. for rolling
- In the small bowl, combine the chocolate, vanilla and sea salt. Melt for 20 seconds in the microwave, remove and stir until melting begins. Repeat this once until you have a perfectly creamy chocolate mixture.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash the avocado until completely smooth with no lumps. If you have a hand blender, I would recommend using it here.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture + ¼ cup of the cocoa to the avocado and stir till well combined. Place the mixture in the fridge, completely covered, for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove the truffle mixture from the fridge and using a melon baller or tbsp., begin measuring out 12 balls. Use the palms of your hands to roll into nice balls. Warming, this will get sticky and messy… but your fingers will taste great!
- Place the remaining cocoa powder into a small bowl and roll each ball into the cocoa.
- Enjoy immediately or let them set in the fridge again until the next day.
Recipe by FoodByMaria