Guacamole With Black Bean And Tomato On Cheese Quesadillas
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Italian tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ fresh coriander leaves, washed
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- ¾ cup grated cheese- either Tex-Mex or Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray
- In a small bowl, place the chopped onion and add 2 tbsp of lime juice. Mix well and let sit.
- Place the flesh of the avocados in a medium bowl and smash with a fork. Drizzle with 3 tbsp of lemon juice, the chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gentle fold in the tomatoes, black beans and olive oil. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, place oil or cooking spray and place a tortilla in the pan. Cover with cheese and top with a second tortilla of the same size. When the cheese is melted enough to stick the top tortilla, press down gently and flip. Cook until both sides are golden and the cheese fully melted.
- Set cooked tortillas aside to cool slightly before cutting into triangles. Serve as a party platter with the guacamole as a topping.