Pitas with Nordic Shrimp Salad, Grilled Corn, and Avocado
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 454g (1 lb.) cooked Nordic shrimp
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, seeded and thinly diced
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 pitas, halved
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
- Preheat BBQ and oil grill.
- Grill corn over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes each side, rotating until fully grilled. On a work surface, remove corn kernels with a knife. Set aside.
- In a bowl, use a spoon to toss together shrimp, corn kernels, red onion, red pepper, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, crushed red pepper, mayonnaise, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish pitas with leaf lettuce and shrimp salad. Serve.