The Ultimate 7 Layer Dip
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ jalapeño, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 500 ml (2 cups) store-bought (or homemade) beet hummus
- 375 ml (1½ cups) store-bought roasted peppers, chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
- 300 g (⅔ lb.) hot-smoked salmon, shredded
- Fresh chervil leaves for garnish
- Crackers, sliced baguette and endive leaves for dipping
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes with jalapeño, green onions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and set aside (drain any excess liquid).
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash avocados with garlic and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pour beet hummus into a bowl of approximately 1.5 liters. Add in layers: tomato mixture, guacamole, roasted peppers, sliced cucumber, cilantro and smoked salmon. Top with chervil leaves and serve with crackers, baguette bread and endives.