Avocado and Matcha Bread
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp butter, room temp.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1½ tbsp soy milk
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- For the matcha glaze, wisk all ingredients together and place in a small bowl or jar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place the rack in the middle position. Grease a loaf pan 8x4 inches and set aside.
- Stir mashed avocado and lemon juice together in a small bowl and set aside. (For a more uniform color, you can use a hand blender)
- Mix matcha powder and water until there are no lumps.
- Combine the baking soda and sour cream, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and salt together and set aside.
- With the aid of a hand blender or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar over med speed until well blended and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well in between. Add the vanilla, matcha mixture and the sour cream.
- In three stages, alternate between the avocado puree and the dry ingredients until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cover in aluminum paper and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until a wooden skewer comes out clean when placed in the center of the bread.
- Serve with matcha glaze if desired.