Avocado Chocolate Pie
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 1½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 (14oz) can of condensed milk
- 4 oz of cream cheese, room temperature (½ stick)
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 juice of lime
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut flakes for garnish
Coconut whipped cream
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk refrigerated for at least 24 hours
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Carefully open can and remove all the solid coconut milk. do not use the water at the bottom of the can.
- Place in a stand mixed and whisk with the sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy and medium peaks form. Use immediately or keep in a sealed container in refrigerator till ready to use. (It can always be re-whipped just before use if it has gone too flat.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a bowl, mix the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie plate or spring form pan.
- In a blender, mix the avocado, condensed milk, cream cheese and citrus juices until well blended.
- In a double boiler on the stove, heat the chocolate until fully melted and set aside to cool slightly. Fold the avocado mixture gently into the chocolate incorporating well to get a uniform brown color. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes and then turn down to 350°F, then bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the middle is just set when you shake the pan slightly. Cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh coconut whipped cream and top with coconut flakes if desired!