Avocado Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 12 jalapeños, de-seeded and halved (for more of a kick, you can leave some of the seeds in!)
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 g cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ cup panko
- 1 tbsp chopped bacon
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash the avocados with the lemon juice. Add the cream cheese, garlic salt, smoked paprika, coriander and bacon. Mix until well blended and place in the refrigerator until ready to build.
- In a medium bowl, mix panko, 1 tbsp of the chopped bacon, 1 tbsp coriander, the lemon zest, olive oil and the two cheeses. Set aside.
- Using a small spoon or butter knife, fill each jalapeño half with the avocado mixture. Top each with a generous amount of topping and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. The topping should be crisp and golden and the jalapeño should be soft.