Rösti cakes with avocado and smoked salmon
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 4 potatoes, peeled, grated and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled, grated and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
Garnishes, to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Minced chive
- Minced dill
- Sour cream
- Smoked salmon or gravlax
- For the rösti cakes, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Shape into patties.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat and cook the rösti cakes for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- When ready to serve, top with sour cream, avocados, smoked salmon and herbs.