Vegan Avocado Key Lime Pie
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 250 ml (1 cup) dates
- 250 ml (1 cup) pecans
- 125 ml (½ cup) grated dried coconut
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon sea salt)
- 2 avocados
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh lime juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lime zest
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend the dates, pecans, grated coconut and salt until the mixture forms a dough ball.
- Place the dough in a pie plate. Press it and smooth out evenly to form the crust.
- Freeze the pie crust while preparing the filling.
- In the food processor, add the avocados, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and lime zest and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the avocado filling.
- Once the pie crust has been filled, freeze for 4 hours. Remove from the freezer and leave at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes before serving. Garnish (optional): sprinkle the top with lime zest and arrange a few thin slices of lime.
It is possible to freeze the pie overnight, but it will need more time at room temperature before serving.