Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread
This recipe was added to your favourites! Find it under Recipes > My favourite recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil, room temperature, then melted
- 1 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 egg replacements or 2 regular eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅔ cup of almond milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray.
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the mashed banana and mashed avocado and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk just till combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the baking tin, dust with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan or regular butter!
Recipe by FoodByMaria